Monday, November 21, 2011

A Dish a Day: Cranberry-Dijon Pork Roast

Here I am with yet another slow-cooker recipe. A girl can't have too many this time of year when time is at a premium and the oven is in constant use. My sister passed this recipe along to me and I have made it a couple of times. It is a definite keeper. Easy and delicious, it can be ready for dinner after a day of work or shopping. It's a good dish to leave cooking while you are at church. You will return home to a wonderful aroma!

I like to buy a whole, boneless pork loin when it is on sale and cut part of it into chops, leaving the rest whole for a roast. I used a larger roast than was called for the first time I made the recipe. I thought I should, therefore, double the sauce ingredients. That was not necessary. One recipe makes plenty of sauce so you can actually use as large a roast as you need to serve your family or guests.



Cranberry-Dijon Pork Roast
1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 lbs)
2 tablespoons butter
1 envelope golden onion soup mix
1 can (14oz) whole-berry cranberry sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
In a large skillet, brown roast in butter on all sides. Transfer to a 5qt slow cooker; sprinkle with soup mix. Add cranberry sauce to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and stir in mustard. Slice roast ; serve with sauce. Yield 6 servings

Happy cooking!
Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Leave us a comment below..